CAPITAL CITY VIPERS YOUTH HOCKEY CLUB, INC.
February 5, 2018
Dear Valued Viper Families,
With our season winding down over the next few months we wanted to take a moment to thank you for entrusting your player’s development this season to the Viper Hockey Organization.
This season has been a success for our Hockey club both on and off the ice as we established a number of milestones including;
- The first ever off-season picnic at Knoebels
- The team-walk for JDRF
- Redesign and re-launch of our website and new SI App
- Viper Goalie clinics with Coach Freddy Cassivi
- Power skating clinics with Rob Shearer
- A dedicated goaltending coach
- A concussion awareness presentation from Dr. Turnpaugh
- Coaches Only Clinic Taught By Freddy and Rob
- Coach/Player/Parent meetings along with focus groups headed up by our club president Ed Rigling
We also want to take a moment to thank all of the volunteers that make our organization run as smoothly as possible including our coaches, team managers, tournament and weekly in-game volunteers. Without the continued efforts of our volunteers our organization would not be as vibrant and as healthy as it is today!
Finishing up the current season and also looking forward to the 2018-2019 campaign we would like to remind you of a few key dates to keep in mind, as we continue to build on our growth and expansion as a premier youth hockey club in the Harrisburg area.
- Upcoming DVHL Playoffs (For qualifying teams)
- 1st Round 3/2/18 - 3/4/18 – Ice Works Aston, PA
- Championship Round 3/9/18 – 3/11/18 – Ice Works Aston, PA
- District Championships 3/16/18 – 3/19/18 – Ice Works Aston, PA
- End of Season Banquet
- Sunday March 25th from 4-8pm At Hershey Lodge
- 2018/2019 Travel Team Season Evaluations (see website for actual times as we get closer)
Also we are excited to announce our projections for next season. These are very preliminary at this point and they will be subject to changes as our enrollments for next season become clearer.
We hope to field the following clubs for the 2018-2019 DVHL Hockey Season;
- Mites (2010, 2011 and 2012 birth year): one travel team and 3-4 Rec teams
- Squirts (2008 and 2009 birth year): two travel teams and one Rec team
- Pee Wee (2006 and 2007): two travel teams and one Rec team
- Bantam (2004 and 2005): two travel teams and one Rec team
- Midget (2002 and 2003): one travel team
We would also like to remind everyone in the club that late winter/early spring is corporate planning time for local business. It’s in the first few months of the New Year where local businesses will likely make decisions on what organizations they would like to help sponsor in the coming year. Please be encouraged to help build our Vipers sponsorship program with our local business partners, your family will receive a rebate towards next season’s dues. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions you may have on our local business sponsorship program.
In closing we once again want to stress the importance of entrusting the development of your players with our organization, and we are committed to building a club that is positioned for future growth year after year. If you are aware of any families that are interested in youth hockey please don’t hesitate to pass their contact information on to our board members. (Contact info can be found on our website)
Have a great rest of the season and we will see you at the rink!
Ed Rigling & The Capital City Vipers Board Of Directors
Tax I.D. #81-0550218