The Vipers are pleased to announce that we will be unveiling a new coaching selection process for the 2018-19 season. This process will ensure that our organization is actively involved in selecting qualified coaches for every team. The process will help build consistency in our coaching practices from one team to the next and allows for a more development-oriented approach throughout our organization.
For anyone interested in coaching next season, whether you desire to be a head coach or assistant and whether you have coached with the Vipers in the past or are new to the coaching ranks, please note the following:
- When you register in SI for your child's evaluations, you will need to indicate your interest in coaching next season as well as complete a brief application.
- Applications will be gathered and reviewed by our Coaching Staff Selection Committee. A Board Member leads this committee. For the upcoming season, that Board Member is Andy Holmes, the Vipers Chief of Coaches.
- This committee will select the Head Coach for every Vipers team and then will work with each Head Coach and the Level Coordinators to create the coaching staffs.
- The selection process will include emphasis applicable hockey and coaching knowledge and as well as relevant experience and qualifications.
- The final determination of coaching staffs lies with the Coaching Staff Selection Committee.
- The process includes the notification of the Board of Directors of the coaching staffs that are selected.
- All coaching staffs will be determined after the player evaluation process is complete.
- We will continue to welcome all parents who want to help contribute to the success of our teams. We will work to find roles for everyone that maximize their strengths and give our kids the best experience possible.
We are very excited about implementing this process and showing our commitment to our players and their success.